San Bernardino Rape Attorney
Defending Clients Since 1990
If you or someone you know has been arrested or charged for rape in the San Bernardino area, it is important that you have a qualified criminal defense attorney handling your defense. Rape is a very serious charge which can have life-changing consequences well into the future. It is highly recommended that you contact the San Bernardino rape lawyer at the Law Offices of Mark Raymond McDonald as soon as possible for a
free, initial consultation about your case.
Mr. McDonald has been
practicing law since 1990 and is a
former Riverside County prosecutor. He knows how the prosecution will proceed with its case against you and can use his extensive experience on both sides of courtroom to create an effective defense on your behalf.
Rape Charges and Penalties
California Penal Code 261 -
- Rape Defined: Nonconsensual intercourse using force, violence, duress, menace, fear of bodily harm to oneself or another, fear of retaliation, or fraud. Included in the category of rape are related crimes such as spousal rape, date rape, and statutory rape.
Rape is classified as a felony and carries severe penalties, including:
- 3, 6, or 8 years of imprisonment
- Additional 3 to 5 years imprisonment if it was accompanied by substantial injuries to the victim
- Fines up to $10,000
- Mandatory registration as a sex offender
- Possible "strike" on your criminal record
Aside from these serious penalties, the mere accusation of rape can compromise your personal and professional life, casting doubt on your reputation before you are even formally charged or convicted.
Seek Legal Counsel for Your Charges
It is important in any rape investigation or charges that you seek capable legal help before you are interviewed by law enforcement. In some cases, the San Bernardino rape attorney at the firm can investigate accusations of rape and disprove them before formal charges are filed against you. False accusations made out of jealousy, anger, or revenge are often the situation in rape cases as are cases of insufficient evidence.
Contact the San Bernardino Rape Lawyer
at the firm if you have been accused of or charged with rape in the greater San Bernardino area. Your initial consultation is FREE.